To get the best use out of your candle, here are 4 golden rules:
1. Never burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
2. Once lit, do not move your candle.
3. Before blowing out, always ensure the wax has melted to the circumference of the container. If you don't do this, it leads to an unequal burn and deep holes in the centre.
4. When you re-light a candle, always trim any tiny black mushroom ends of wicks before each use. Otherwise, you'll get a lot of black soot from the wick being too long.
And for safety, 3 important messages:
1. Always place your candle on a stable, heat resistant surface, away from draught and curtains.
2. Never leave a burning candle unattended and be careful of the heat of the candle container.
3. Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.